Why is it we Humans get romanced by complexity when the answers can be found at a SIMPLE and PRACTICAL level? The "Simply Practically Human" Podcast, The Human Manager Mark LeBusque features experts who have a track record in HUMANISING WORKPLACES using SIMPLICITY and PRACTICALITY as their GO TO approach. It's all about getting back to what it is to be Human and watch Workplaces thrive rather than just survive.
- Craig Harper - Digging Deeper Into His Whiteboard LessonsFellow Opsimath (go google it) and bloody good human Craig Harper is back and he peels some layers off the 'Whiteboard Lessons' onion to unpack topics such as being the painter of your life canvas, embracing the certainty of uncertainty, showing the selfie of your mind and watching out for the quiet ones, not the chest beaters. Lots of gold here from one of the world's great thinkers about thinking.
- Convenient Lies or Inconvenient Truths?Why have humans built an aptitude to tiptoe around some workplace truth? Survival and fitting in come to mind. In this episode, Mark shares a real example where he was given an inconvenient truth that helped him to see what he was starting to see. Three words that changed something for the better. He gives you 3-4 tips on what to watch out for and how to bring up inconvenient truths in a very human way.
- Sophie Scott - Be The Architect of your HealthAfter two decades as an award-winning broadcaster, Sophie Scott is now helping humans to maximise their human potential. In this episode Sophie shares how perfectionism and people pleasing result in burnout, why practicing the 3C's is vital, and how our language holds us back from being the best human we can be. Check out Sophie's socials: Website: https://www.sophiescott.com.au/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sophiescott2/?hl=en YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrscfB-ELC9paFawlWVaGzA
- Nigel Marsh - reshare - A Good Dose of RealityAward-winning Author, Speaker, and Podcaster Nigel Marsh and I chatted way back in 2020 and his refreshing take on giving oneself a good dose of reality is well worth listening to. This is a story of how a very successful corporate high-flyer started to look at his reality and not like what he was seeing. His latest book 'Smart, Stupid and Sixty' is well worth a read and follows on from 'Fit, Fifty and Fired Up' and 'Fat, Forty, and Fired https://nigelmarsh.com/books/
- Mark C. Crowley - Leading From The Heart (reshare)Mark C. Crowleys powerful podcast with me three years ago is getting a re-run as I think now more than ever we need to embrace heart based leadership and Mark has both lived it and now teaches it to humans across the world. Listen how Mark took a traumatic life experience and used it to shape up the human he became when leading others. This is one inspiring story from a human being that knows heart based leadership is not all 'warm and fuzzy, kumbuyah stuff'. How are you approaching leadership?
- Stay In The Moment of NowDistracted Much? With between 12,500-60,000 thoughts per day what chance do we humans have of being present with another human when it matters most? In this short episode, Mark shares five simple and practical tools and tips that will help you to stay in the moment, build trust and a deeper connection with another human, and make sure that this human feels important and not usurped by the 'shiny things' you are being distracted by such as technology, what's for dinner tonight or a need to be needed by your boss so you feel important.
- Is This It? With Wellness Coach & Therapist Loren MillerEach month I catch up with my wellness coach, therapist, and holistic healer Loren Miller and I decided to hit record on the session and share it with you on the SPH Podcast. From a question I've been asking myself which is "Is this it?" came a deeper conversation about loneliness, how abandonment shows itself in many forms for me, and why I use sweet stuff to escape from more significant issues. Loren is an incredible human who has been helping me over the past 16 months do the 'work of Mark'.
- Find Your VoiceHave you ever experienced a situation where you wanted to find your voice but something inside told you to 'stay quiet'? This week Mark shares some real examples of what happens when we choose to speak up or shut up and some simple and practical ideas that will give you the courage to find your voice and be helpful to you and others in the process.
- Jeanette Laffan - Tales of a Courageous Career TransitionFrom Medical School Dropout, Successful Career Executive to an award-winning Principal and Licensed Real Estate Agent, Jeanette Laffan shares some amazing life lessons about the courage to shift careers. Being told that she was making a backward step going into a 'mum job' that involved going out to "get the milk" was the catalyst for Jeanette to build self-belief and get mentally on top of her game to achieve incredible self growth. This is well worth a listen for any human considering their next move.
- Tiffanee Cook - The 3 T's of ChangeRoll With The Punches' amazing host is back and we're talking about the seasons, her rediscovered natural talent for sketching, Easter egg consumption and most importantly the 3 T's of change. Transactional, transitional and transformational. They're all important and we challenge ourselves and you to dig a bit deeper into what drives each one.
- What Camping With Kids Taught MeMark was reflecting on an Easter camping trip from 8 years back where he learned some valuable lessons from the playfulness, sense of adventure, freedom, lack of judgment, and sense of fun that young kids have in them and why it helped him to not worry about whether he was 'good enough' playing the guitar in front of grown-up kids (adults). These lessons apply as much in the workplace as they do in life.
- Tiff Cook - Watch Your LanguageRoll With The Punches Poddy Host Tiff Cook and I are back chatting and I'm pushing her buttons again about all things human including why your choice of words can define you, how I'm seeing Tiff's evolution right before me and of course, I check in on her progress on outsourcing as part of her Immunity to Change challenge.
- Luke Iorio - On This Walk Called LifeCoach and Host of the 'On This Walk' Podcast Luke Iorio epitomizes a human that walks the talk. He shares how significant life experiences coupled with researching various cultural modalities have impacted his desire the redefine success, overcome the need to fit in, redefine what identity means, embrace vulnerability and simply walk with being in the moment of 'right now'. This is a deep dive into self, masculine vulnerability, and recognizing the importance of indigenous teachings that everything is life.
- Is Your Vulnerability Conditional or Convenient?I sent out my fortnightly 'Mark's Musings' newsletter on the topic of vulnerability this week and it has had quite the response on how humans are starting to 'game' vulnerability. I share today why faking it, forcing it, measuring and comparing it are damaging the power of the 'V' word. Oh......and perhaps the most vulnerable thing we can do is often missed so I shine a light on it here. Are you a vulnerability faker and think you're getting away with it? Think again.
- Hortense le Gentil - From Hero to Human LeaderExecutive Coach and Author of Aligned Hortense le Gentil joins me and we chat all things alignment, and why it is a critical leadership focus today. Hortense shares her own pathway to alignment and freedom and why courage is the leadership trait where all alignment begins. Her share on the relationship of power and force and the relative energy expended when you're aligned or misaligned is not to be missed. Check out Hortense's website https://hortenselegentil.com/ and you can get a copy of 'Aligned' via Amazon.
- What Are You Hiding From?Last weekend I attended an incredibly challenging self-development program and had some revelations about what I was hiding from. I share my insights and experience and how it has reduced my cognitive load by bringing the shame out into the light and not trying to hide it away. Oh and it was about substituting two words from "Am I really good enough?" to something else. We've all got to stop hiding.