Buzzcast is a roundtable discussion about podcasting from the people at Buzzsprout. We'll cover current events and news, podcast strategy, tools we are using, and dip into the Customer Support mailbag to test our podcasting knowledge. If you want to stay up-to-date on what's working in podcasting, Buzzcast is the show for you.
Value for Value ⚡️
- Buzzsprout Meetup: Our Epic Adventure Recap And This Month's Top Podcast Stories!We're back! Join us as we recount our adventures at the Buzzsprout meetup in sunny Orlando, Florida, and explore the transformative power of team retreats!In this episode, we discuss the demise of Google's podcast platform and its impact on third-party apps. Then we take a deep-dive into the newest updates to Apple and how to leverage B2B podcasting to get hired for a branded podcast. Moreover, we raise the alarm on a disconcerting new trend plaguing the industry – podcast scams, including the notorious Kast Media scandal.BUZZSPROUT COMPANY MEETUPCheck out our podcast-themed breakfast!GOOGLE PODCASTSGoogle Podcasts is sending yet another app to the graveyard. PODCAST INDUSTRY SCAMSWatch the Coffeezilla video on YouTube.Kast Media Podcast ScamTenderfoot TV Sues Cadence13 for Non-PaymentIMPACT OF B2B PODCASTINGRead the report by Lower Street APPLE UPDATESRODE & MacOS Sonoma are not jiving yetWatch Stephen Robles' video to see the newest iOS17 updatesApple's Connected SubscriptionsPODCAST RADIORead the Podnews article about the launch of podcast radio!📣 SOUND-OFF EXERCISE: Tell us about your first car in 30 seconds!To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a 30-second voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!Support the showContact Buzzcast
- Buzzcast Mailbag: Strategies for Podcast Guests, Cover Art, Subscriptions, and More!While the hosts are out, the team at Buzzsprout is answering the listener-submitted questions about podcasting, from understanding episode types to creating eye-catching cover art and tackling the enigma that is podcast metrics.Links mentioned in this episode: Episode Types:How to make a great podcast trailerCover Art:OnlyPod Cover Art PreviewGoogle FontsMyFontsWhat the FontGIMP Image EditorAdobe ExpressCanvaFiverrMidjourneyStats:Buzzsprout Platform StatsListen NotesSupport the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at email@example.comThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- The Biggest Stories From Podcast Movement 2023What was it like to spend three days in the midst of a bustling expo hall with six stages? That's precisely what we tackled at the Podcast Movement Conference in Denver. The experience was full of highs and lows, from the confusing Denver Airport and emergency evacuations, to making heartening connections within the podcasting community. Through it all, we heard updates and announcements from podcasting's heavy-hitters; YouTube, Spotify, and Apple! View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!YOUTUBEYouTube announced that by the end of the year, they will ingest RSS Feeds, podcasts will be available globally, and users will even be able to add RSS Feeds to YouTube Music (including private ones!)SPOTIFYSpotify will soon be adding recommendations and a podcast bio to their platform. APPLEApple announced the release of Subscription analytics on the Apple Podcasts Connect dashboard! AI vs COPYRIGHTA court in Washington D.C. has ruled that only works with human authors can receive copyrights. 📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What is your biggest podcasting pet peeve?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a 30-second voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain
- Discover Your Podcasting Strengths And WeaknessesWe're talking about Podcast Movement, and we've got the insider scoop on everything from our plans to the meetup we're hosting for Buzzsprout podcasters. And if that isn't intriguing enough, we're unraveling the mystery of Denver Airport. From gargoyles and secret messages to conspiracy theories about aliens and the New World Order, we're diving headfirst into the enigmatic lore surrounding this locale.Do you know your strengths and weaknesses as a podcaster? We took the PodScore quiz from PodPros and really loved the results! Then we congratulate Descript and Squadcast for their integration and take a look at podcast tattoos. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter/X!PODCAST MOVEMENT DENVERWe're hosting a Buzzsprout Meetup at Podcast Movement and would love to see you there! To get on the text reminders, text "buzzsprout" to 866-751-3441.Take a look at the Denver Airport Conspiracies here! PODSCOREAlex from Podmatch created a fun quiz called PodScore to give podcasters an idea of what kind of podcaster they are, and ways in which they can improve their podcasting workflow.PATREONPatreon has encountered billing & payout issues the last month, but hopefully, they will be resolved soon.They have also integrated with Spotify's Open Access.DESCRIPT & SQUADCASTCongrats to Descript and Squadcast for their recent integration!PODCAST TATTOOSTake a look at the tattoos for Canadian Politics is Boring, Crime Junkie, Joe Rogan Experience, and
- Why Fake Podcasts Are Taking Over Social Media with Tom RossiTom Rossi joins us as we take a deep-dive into the bizarre world of fake podcasts on platforms like TikTok and Twitter, unmasking the intentions behind these deceitful strategies. From an analysis of Twitter's recent rebranding to a conversation about the sponsorship opportunity to Rails World, this episode is loaded with insights for all podcast enthusiasts.We're thrilled to announce a new Buzzsprout Conversations video with the incredible radio host, MTV VJ, and co-founder of podcasting, Adam Curry. Also, we delve into the potential of TikTok's new feature that allows podcasters to link their RSS feed to the platform. And did you know that some libraries offer recording booths for patrons? Discover more such intriguing nuggets in this episode of Buzzcast!View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!Special thanks to Tom Rossi for joining us! You can find him on Twitter (X) @tomrossi7 FAKE PODCASTSInfluencers and hustle bros are faking podcasts to look more official. Watch the wild and humorous video by Jaime French to learn all about it. RAILS WORLD AMSTERDAMApply to the Rails World Podcast program for the opportunity to get a conference ticket, 3-night hotel stay, and a recording space! Deadline is August 7th, 2023.TWITTER / XTwitter is now simply "X". COHOST AI FOR MORE LANGUAGESBuzzsprout's Cohost AI now works with Spanish, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Indonesian, Swedish, Czech, and Hungarian. PODBASEPodbase (by Charles Wiltgen) now tests whether or not RSS feeds follow the Podcast Standards Project standard for RSS feeds.TIKTOK LINKS TO PODCASTSTikTok is sending invitations to podcasters to link their RSS feed to the app. RIVERSIDE MAGIC CLIPSRiverside now has an AI tool called Magic Clips to find the best clips for
- Should You Promote Your Podcast On Meta's Threads?In this episode, we explore Cohost AI's newest features and how these tools can help you become a more efficient podcaster. We dive into Meta's new social media app, Threads, examining its features and considering its potential as a promotional tool. Then, we take a look at Pocket Cast's Wear OS app for Android watches. Lastly, we discuss the Huberman Lab podcast and its interesting effect on Americans' obsession with health. Join us in this exciting episode as we navigate through the worlds of tech, podcasting, and outdoor adventures. One thing's for sure - you're in for a treat!View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!NEW COHOST AI TOOLSCohost AI now helps with your podcast marketing workflow! It creates three tweets and writes a draft blog post. THREADSMeta's newest venture, Threads, is generating a lot of excitement. But that might not mean you should add it to your promo channels. POCKET CASTS WEAR OS APPPocket Casts has announced the release of its Wear OS app. It has loads of great features and requires a Pocket Casts Plus subscription to use. HOW HUBERMAN GOT AMERICA TO CARE ABOUT SCIENCERead the full article by Time. 📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: Have you ever been to a podcast conference? If so, was it worth it? If not, what is keeping you from attending one?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a 30-second voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!PODCAST MOVEMENT DENVERHere are the conference details. We'd love to see you there! Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast,
- The Secret To Long-Term Podcasting: What Sets Successful Podcasters ApartIn this episode, we kick things off with a spotlight on KidsPod, an interactive platform that lets kids draw and color while they listen. We also draw a comparison with another kids podcast app, Kids Listen, highlighting the unique features and benefits that make KidsPod stand out. But that’s not all; we also delve into Apple Podcasts' efforts to improve discoverability for niche podcasts, and SXM's shut-down of the popular podcast app, Stitcher.Then we discuss strategies for overcoming podcasting hurdles, emphasizing the importance of playing the long game, letting passion lead, and the significance of co-hosts in podcasting in terms of the accountability and consistency they bring. And finally, we discuss a new Guinness World Record set by a podcaster and wonder what records we could break. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!KIDSPODhttps://kidspod.app/APPLE IMPROVES PODCAST DISCOVERYhttps://podcasters.apple.com/5304-elevating-nine-podcast-subcategories-chartsApple added nine subcategories to the Search tab across devices, making it easier for listeners to discover niche shows.SXM TO SHUT DOWN STITCHER"Stitcher Farewell FAQ"Stitcher will no longer be available starting August 29th, 2023. INDEPENDENT PODCASTER MANIFESTOhttps://www.thepodcasthost.com/business-of-podcasting/independent-podcaster-censusIndiePod Manifesto contains 10 pillars for independent podcasting success. PODCASTING HARDER THAN PRO FOOTBALL?https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/travis-kelce-podcasting-hardest-job.htmlTravis Kelce thinks podcasting is the hardest job in the world, according to his interview on Pardon My Take. PODCASTS IN GUINNESS WORLD RECORDShttps://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/589531-longes
- Could AI Turn Your Podcast Into A Best-Selling Book?Can you spot the difference between a real podcast and a fake one? Join us on this episode as we put our skills to the test in a thrilling game of podcast fact or fiction. Then discover Podium's innovative new product, Podbook, which offers a new way for podcasters to repurpose their content. Finally, we examine way podcasts have shaped the entertainment industry over the last 20 years. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!PODBOOK BY PODIUMPodbook is an AI-powered application that will transform your podcast into a book! It is currently in closed beta. Add yourself to the waitlist to try it out.Read the Huberman Lab example20 YEARS OF PODCASTINGHow podcasts took over the world in 20 years. See the Police Department that launched a podcast to get more involved in their community. CANVA INTEGRATIONCheck out Alban's Loom video that explains how to find your artwork from Canva's integration in your account. 📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What podcasting tool would you be devastated to never use again?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a 30-second voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apple Podcasts Puts Episode Artwork in the Spotlight!In this episode, we're excited to share updates to Co-Host AI, a feature that's received outstanding feedback from our podcasters and Facebook group. We discuss the advantages of this integrated feature, how it differentiates from other services, and improvements made to its transcription editor since its launch, covering the quality of the transcription engine, AI technology, and the innovative new editor functionalities, such as assigning speaker roles. Plus, we delve into the importance of episode artwork and how Apple Podcasts is making it a priority in the podcasting world, with unique and memorable artwork being the key to standing out.Lastly, we touch on YouTube's potential impact on podcast advertising and the consequences of their new approach. With YouTube's lack of pass-through RSS ingestion, will podcasters still be willing to distribute to their platform? Join us as we explore this fascinating topic, share our pre-recording rituals, and even discuss the challenge of decluttering our homes and extreme approaches to cleanliness. Don't miss this insightful conversation!View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!COHOST AIhttps://www.buzzsprout.com/help/189-cohost-aiAPPLE PODCASTS UPDATEShttps://podcasters.apple.com/5303-ios-17-whats-new-apple-podcastsYOUTUBE'S RSS PILOT LEAKhttps://podnews.net/update/youtube-rss-plansAdam Curry's leak confession on Podcasting 2.0: https://overcast.fm/+6A0DAZ3CQ/14:42📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What podcast got you into podcasts?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a 30-second voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!Podcasts mentioned by hosts:Alban: This American Life & Philosophy BitesJord
- Elevate Your Podcast Game with Cohost AIIn this episode, we're diving into the groundbreaking world of artificial intelligence and its impact on podcasting with Buzzsprout's new Cohost AI integration. We share our thoughts on how this innovative tool automatically transcribes, creates titles, summaries, chapter markers, and more while saving you precious time and reducing stress in your workflow.But it's not just about the technical side of podcasting; we also discuss the vital role ratings and reviews play in connecting with your audience and providing essential social proof for potential new listeners. From our own experiences of reading reviews before deciding to listen to a new podcast, to creative strategies for encouraging your listeners to leave reviews, we cover it all.And finally, we explore the surprising benefits and connections that can arise from the act of podcasting itself. Listen as we highlight the unique relational aspects of podcasting and the low-risk, rewarding experience of reaching out to someone online through this medium. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What is an important part of your pre-recording ritual?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a 30-second voice message at http://podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or comment with your answer!COHOST AICheck out Buzzsprout's newest feature, Cohost AI! PODCAST REVIEWSCan Lauren leave a review a day for the entire year? Keep up with her Twitter thread! Read her blog here & subscribe to Podcast Marketing Magic for more great tips to promote your podcast.Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through
- Apple Drops Episode Numbers: Why You Still Shouldn't Add Them To Your TitleIn this episode, we discuss the recent updates in the podcasting industry, including Jordan's experience at Podconf, Buzzsprout's newest features, YouTube Music's official launch of podcasts, and the debate surrounding the inclusion of episode numbers in podcast titles after Apple Podcasts removed them in a recent update. Kevin also shares a cautionary tale about spoiler-filled companion podcasts.View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter! 📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What is an unexpected outcome you've had from creating a podcast?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!PODCONFJordan had a great time at Podconf & cannot wait to go again! BUZZSPROUT UPDATESNew at Buzzsprout: Infinite Achievements and Improved User Roles!APPLE PODCASTS REMOVES EPISODE NUMBERSiOS 16.4 update removed episode numbers from Apple Podcasts episode titles. It may be tempting to add them back into the title instead, but there are reasons to not do so!YOUTUBE MUSIC OFFICIALLY HAS PODCASTSYouTube is slowly rolling out access to podcasts on their YouTube Music app. SERIAL VS EPISODIC PODCASTSKevin recently tweeted about a bad experience because a podcast incorrectly sequenced their episodes. Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at email@example.comThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- RØDE Reveals Epic New Podcast Gear!In this episode, the hosts review RØDE's newest podcast products, share tips on making an unscripted podcast sound professional, and read a hilarious listener email. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What podcasting-related conspiracy to you believe? To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!Slow Clap For The Buzzcast Team Special thanks to Marcos for sending a listener email like we've never seen before!Flipping The ScriptThe Art of Making a Good Unscripted PodcastRØDE's Biggest Product Announcement EverCheck out some of the amazing new products revealed by RØDE! Here are some of our favorites:Wireless ME Streamer XRØDECaster DuoPodMic USBSmartless: On The RoadWatch the trailer for the new series on HBOSpotify Drops Exclusivity for Gimlet ShowsSpotify announced the network's shows will be on more podcast platforms.BeReal Spotify IntegrationYour BeReal updates now include what you're listening to on Spotify. Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast,
- Buzzcast 100: Trivia, Tech, and Podcaster Dating Tips!On this special 100th episode of Buzzcast, the hosts take a trip down memory lane with trivia and a look back at how the show started and progressed over time. They also discuss the latest in podcasting technology with a location-based audio app and creative ways AI can help improve your podcast workflow. And for all the podcasters looking for love, the hosts share some dating advice based on a recent New York Times article. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What is the biggest mistake you've ever made in podcasting, and what did you learn from it?To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!AUTIOLocation-based audio app, Autio, uses GPS to narrate stories of landmarks, cities, and towns. Now, iHeart has partnered with the app, so maybe podcasts will be included in the future?CLIPPED: PODCASTING 2.0Adam Curry called out Alban on a recent Podcasting 2.0 episodeWe loved having our show discussed, but it led to the question: Is it legal to play clips from other podcasts on your podcast?WOULD YOU DATE A PODCAST BRO?The New York Times wrote an article titled "Would You Date a Podcast Bro?". Kevin (38%), Alban (37%), Jordan (17%), Tom (4%), Roger (3%), Travis (<1%) Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening &am
- Shaping the Future of Podcasting: Standards and InnovationIn this episode, Kevin explains why the Podcast Standards Project is important to the podcasting space, the hosts talk about Buzzsprout's newest features and updates, and test out how to add a podcast to YouTube. View this episode's DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!📣 SOUND-OFF QUESTION: What are some creative ways AI can help your podcast workflow? To have your response featured on our next episode, leave a voice message at podinbox.com/buzzsprout, send a boostagram, or tweet the answer @BuzzcastPodcast!PODCAST STANDARDS PROJECTThe Podcast Standards Project is an organization working to establish open standards in podcasting and enable innovation in the podcast industry. NEW BUZZSPROUT FEATURES & UPDATES!< podcast:txt > tag added for RSS Feed verificationMid-rolls added to Dynamic ContentProducts/Brands added to Buzzsprout AdsYOUTUBE PODCASTSThey may be "a go", but they're not "a done". Here's how to get started anyway.RODE NT1 XLR/USB-C COMBORØDE has released an updated version of it's NT1 condenser microphone that now supports both XLR and USB-C outputs within the same slot.POST SHOW: CADDY CHAThttps://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRvqWVWb/Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain
- Spotify's Latest Changes: What You Need To Know with Krystal ProffittIn this episode, Krystal Proffitt joins Jordan and Kevin to talk about what happened at Podcast Movement Evolutions in Las Vegas and how to access all of Spotify's newest features. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!Visit Krystal's website at https://krystalproffitt.com/ to find her amazing podcasting resources and follow her podcast! PODCAST MOVEMENT EVOLUTIONShttps://evolutions.podcastmovement.com/PODNEWS REPORT CARDPodtrac Podcast Platform DataPodnews Report CardSPOTIFY'S NEWEST ANNOUNCEMENTShttps://podcasters.spotify.com/resources/news/announcementSupport the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at email@example.comThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- Buzzsprout Conversations: How to Grow Your Podcast in 2023In this episode of Buzzsprout Conversations, we interview Ross, host of the Smells Like Humans podcast. We discuss his process for using Buzzsprout Ads, how he grew to over 7,000 downloads per month, and why feedback is essential for podcast success. Click here to watch the video version on YouTube!Smells Like Humans is a weekly podcast dedicated to bringing a humorous perspective to quirky and curious aspects of human behavior. Check them out here: https://www.smellslikehumanspodcast.com/Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- Podcasts Finally Added To YouTube Music!In this episode, Alban shares everything YouTube announced at Hot Pod Summit, the hosts talk about why NPR's student guide to podcasting should be integrated into broadcasting curriculum, and why podcasting is the loneliest medium. View the DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!HOT POD SUMMITAlban attended his first Hot Pod Summit in New York this year. PODCASTS ON YOUTUBE MUSICYouTube announced that podcasts are coming to YouTube Music. They're looking at having a cross-platform experience with both video and audio-only podcasts. See if your channel was selected to add podcasts early!BUZZSPROUT CONVERSATIONS: HOW TO GROW YOUR PODCAST IN 2023Alban had a great interview with Ross from Smells Like Humans. Listen to the episode on this feed, or watch it on YouTube!NPR GUIDE TO STUDENT PODCASTINGFor five years, NPR has created Teaching Podcasting: A Curriculum Guide for Educators and Starting Your Podcast: A Guide For Students in which they divided learning podcasting into lesson stages.FOLLOW-UP: KEYBOARD CATThanks to Sara Rosett of Wish I'd Known Then for doing a deep dive (so we didn't have to). Her research has led us to believe that yes, Keyboard Cat was compensated for the Super Bowl commercial. The Legend of Keyboard CatMeme Manager: Ben Lashes POST SHOW: THE CONTENT IS THERE IS NO CONTENT
- The Next Generation Of Podcast EditorsIn this episode, the hosts play a game of Listen, Subscribe, Delete, test out Adobe's new Podcast Beta, and discuss a recent example of why the rss namespace is so important to the podcast industry.View this episode's DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!APPLE PODCASTS HOST & GUEST IMAGESFor more information, check out the Guest & Host Image Support PageFeatures like this could be easily implemented using the podcast namespace, Buzzsprout already has the host images ready for the platforms!ADOBE PODCAST BETATest out Adobe's new AI-powered software, Adobe Podcast, currently free while in beta!HINDENBURG PRO 2Hindenburg PRO 2 beta was announced, with updates like a transcription engine, manuscript window, and search function. FATHOMFathom.fm is a podcast player that makes discovering new podcasts easier with AI-powered search, transcription, clipping, and more!Alban (37%), Jordan (32%), Kevin (31%), Josh (<1%) Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at email@example.comThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- The Best Buzzsprout Feature That You Probably OverlookedIn this episode, while Alban and Kevin share their biggest takeaways from Podfest Expo, Jordan gets excited about a new podcast conference in the Pacific Northwest. Find out what Buzzsprout feature most people don't notice, hear the newest Spotify conspiracy theory, and get an update on Buzzsprout Subscriptions. View this episode's DISCUSSION THREAD on Twitter!PODFEST EXPOKevin and Alban are back from Podfest Expo in Orlando! One of their main takeaways? People don't seem to know about one of our most powerful tools, Dynamic Content. PODCONFJordan is going to the Pacific Northwest's first podcast conference, PodConf, which is happening in Portland on April 29th!CONSPIRACY: SPOTIFY ADS EDITIONDid Kevin stumble upon Spotify's conspiracy to gain more premium subscribers? Test his theory and let us know @buzzcastpodcast on Twitter!Listen to Adam Curry on JREBUZZSPROUT SUBSCRIPTIONSSubscriptions are off to a great start! We give a progress report & answer some of the most asked questions. Support the showContact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- Earn Passive Income With Buzzsprout Subscriptions! with Cameron MollIn this episode, Cameron Moll (Buzzsprout's VP Design) swings by to chat about what went into this year's Buzzsprout Backtracks. Then the hosts unveil Buzzsprout's latest and greatest feature: Buzzsprout Subscriptions! View this episode's discussion thread on Twitter!ALBAN'S POD-CAST Alban did, in-fact, break his wrist attempting to learn to snow board. Let it be known: Jordan was only joking about podcasters signing his arm cast at Podfest and she will not be held responsible for any sign-and-run incidents that occur during Alban's attendance. BUZZSPROUT BACKTRACKSOur podcasters' year-in-review email got a little upgrade! To find more Buzzsprout Backtracks in the wild, search #BuzzsproutBacktracks on socials. BUZZSPROUT SUBSCRIPTIONSCheck out the newest feature: Buzzsprout Subscriptions! There are two different subscription types, Recurring Support & Premium Content.Recurring Support gives your listeners the ability to contribute to your show with a recurring payment.Premium Content will allow you to create premium content specifically for your supporters. Setting up your subscription will only take a few minutes and it will give your listeners a way to send money to your show. So go turn it on today! (No, seriously. Go now!)SPOTIFY ADDS CHAPTERSSpotify supports chapters now, but only if they are in the description (similar to YouTube's method). Kevin hates it. Chapters on Spotify - to kludge or not to kludge? by James Cridland ENABLE YOUR PODCAST FOR V4VSet up your podcast with PodcasterWalletCheck out Fountain.FM's latest updates! POST SHOW: DUUUVAL!Kevin and Alban say it's been a good year for sports, so we have to talk about the Jacksonville Jaguars' amazing games!Jordan says it's been a good year for