Buzzcast is a roundtable discussion about podcasting from the people at Buzzsprout. We'll cover current events and news, podcast strategy, tools we are using, and dip into the Customer Support mailbag to test our podcasting knowledge. If you want to stay up-to-date on what's working in podcasting, Buzzcast is the show for you.
Value for Value ⚡️
- Earn Passive Income With Buzzsprout Subscriptions! with Cameron MollIn this episode, Cameron Moll (Buzzsprout's VP Design) swings by to chat about what went into this year's Buzzsprout Backtracks. Then the hosts unveil Buzzsprout's latest and greatest feature: Buzzsprout Subscriptions! ALBAN'S POD-CAST Alban did, in-fact, break his wrist attempting to learn to snow board. Let it be known: Jordan was only joking about podcasters signing his arm cast at Podfest and she will not be held responsible for any sign-and-run incidents that occur during Alban's attendance. BUZZSPROUT BACKTRACKSOur podcasters' year-in-review email got a little upgrade! To find more Buzzsprout Backtracks in the wild, search #BuzzsproutBacktracks on socials. BUZZSPROUT SUBSCRIPTIONSCheck out the newest feature: Buzzsprout Subscriptions! There are two different subscription types, Recurring Support & Premium Content.Recurring Support gives your listeners the ability to contribute to your show with a recurring payment.Premium Content will allow you to create premium content specifically for your supporters. Setting up your subscription will only take a few minutes and it will give your listeners a way to send money to your show. So go turn it on today! (No, seriously. Go now!)SPOTIFY ADDS CHAPTERSSpotify supports chapters now, but only if they are in the description (similar to YouTube's method). Kevin hates it. Chapters on Spotify - to kludge or not to kludge? by James Cridland ENABLE YOUR PODCAST FOR V4VSet up your podcast with PodcasterWalletCheck out Fountain.FM's latest updates! POST SHOW: DUUUVAL!Kevin and Alban say it's been a good year for sports, so we have to talk about the Jacksonville Jaguars' amazing games!Jordan says it's been a good year for Wrexham. Become a
- Podcasting Trends That Should Stay In 2022In this episode, the hosts go behind the scenes of the newest Buzzsprout YouTube video, review the beta of OP3's show stats page, and discuss which podcasting trends should never be brought back. View this episode's discussion thread on Twitter!PODCASTING: 2022 YEAR IN REVIEW VIDEOWatch the video that deep dives into the wild west that was podcasting in 2022!SHAMELESS ACQUISITION TARGET'S FINAL EPISODEEp 6 | What Happened: The Musical! (Feat. Ira Glass)OP3 SHOW STATS PAGEhttps://op3.dev/Take a peek at Buzzcast's show stats page. PODCASTSTUDIO PROCheck out their new free version: https://www.podcaststudiopro.com/Check out PodcastSOP from our friend, Alex SanfilippoJordan's favorite free podcast management site is AirtableIN/OUT PODCAST MARKETING AND PUBLISHINGBy Lauren Passell and Arielle Nissenblatthttps://podcastmarketingmagic.substack.com/p/podcast-marketing-and-publishingBecome a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- 2023 Podcast PredictionsIn this episode, the hosts share their listening rituals, finally settle which day of the week is best for publishing, and reveal their podcast predictions for 2023. View this episode's discussion thread on Twitter!AI VIDEOS FOR SOCIALAudioLabs is a service that lets podcasters make videos from audio-only podcasts. + FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTSiOS 16.2 update added the word "Follow" to the minimal plus button that comes with a nice animation when clicked.BUZZSPROUT YEAR-IN-REVIEW EMAILKeep an eye out in January for your Buzzsprout podcast review email! This will be a good one! KEY LISTENING MOMENTSAudacy recently published "State of Audio: 11 Moments That Matter", which dives into how listeners listen and when they're most open to messaging. It's geared toward advertisers, but there are takeaways that podcasters can use to improve their content, calls-to-action, and ad placement.BEST DAY TO PUBLISHPodchaser has created a report that shares the most and least popular days of the week for releasing podcast episodes. The stats were gathered from six months of data from the top 50K podcasts.2023 PREDICTIONSJordan: Rise in podcast & network channels on Roku & Amazon Fire TVAlban: Going to see a lot of podcasters from major networks & exclusive contracts go independent.Kevin: Bah humbug. Become a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at email@example.comThanks for listening & keep podcasting
- Why Our Last Episode Got 42.5% More DownloadsIn this episode, the hosts experiment with growing their audience, try to reach the pinnacle of success on IMDB, discuss the benefits of spatial audio for podcasts, and let an AI bot write Buzzsprout's catchy new theme song. FOLLOW-UP: PODCAST RECORDED IN FIGHTER JEThttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_J040T9HiUMAKE IT IMDB OFFICIALGet credit as a "podcaster" on your own IMDB page. These professions can be selected by IMDbPro customers via the primary profession control page, and searched for in the IMDbPro Discover feature.THE LAST YARDRead the blog that made history:https://podnews.net/article/the-last-yard-adam-currySAMSUNG FREE DOWNLOADS BUGThey're working on it. FALSE ENDORSEMENTShttps://www.theverge.com/2022/11/28/23482636/google-iheartmedia-pixel-4-ads-ftc-radio-hostsSPATIAL AUDIOThe New York Times R&D GuideNPR Training: AudioPOST SHOW: CHATGPT ChatGPTPODCAST COMMENTSYou can comment on each of these episode topics on this Twitter discussion.Become a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through F
- Apple's Hidden Project To Help Podcasts Get DiscoveredIn this episode, the hosts reveal how Apple Podcasts is quietly helping listeners find more podcasts, discuss what the future holds for AI-generated podcasting content, and review YouTube's guide to podcasting on its platform. They also share what they're thankful (and maybe not-so-thankful) for this holiday season. SOUND TREATMENTEarthworks ETHOS Feltright Felt TilesKevin's Bass TrapsAPPLE EPISODE TOPIC TAGSBumper Blog: Apple is quietly tagging podcast episodes by topicSee if your podcast has been tagged using PodNews Apple Podcasts Episode Topic ViewerFIRST PODCAST RECORDED IN A FIGHTER JETWatch/listen to this episode by Lead Balloon, it's fantastic!100% AI-GENERATED PODCASTSHow I Made One of the World's First 100% AI-Generated Podcasts by Eric BorgosJordan recommends AIVA or Soundraw for AI-generated musicGUIDE TO PODCASTING ON YOUTUBEBest PracticesPodcast Playlist GuideMonetization GuideCheck out Meta's AI-generated video project, Make-A-VideoKevin (37%), Jordan (32%), Alban (31%)Become a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast,
- How Amazon Music Is Shaking Up The CompetitionIn this episode, the hosts fess up to which microphone is their guilty pleasure, talk about what's new at Buzzsprout, discuss why Amazon's latest move spells trouble for Spotify, and—wait, who's Breakmaster Cylinder?!PRETTY MICS & STUFFRØDE XHyperX QuadCast S (Jordan's guilty pleasure)Shure Super 55 (picture of red & black edition)Shure Super 55 (silver & blue)Earthworks ETHOS Vocaster OneWHAT'S NEW AT BUZZSPROUTBuzzsprout removed email addresses from RSS feeds. Podcast Guest Checklist videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mes-wril-GwAPPLE PODCASTS UPDATEShttps://podcasters.apple.com/support/?types=NewsTHE FINAL EPISODES (SORT OF)Podland's RSS Feed is changing to Podnews Weekly ReviewPodcast Pontifications: https://podcastpontifications.com/episode/you-have-reached-the-end-of-podcast-pontificationsFollow Evo's new Newsletter, "The End": https://theend.fyi/AMAZON MUSIC GOES AD-FREE & EXCLUSIVEDecoder Episode: https://www.theverge.com/23433343/amazon-music-prime-steve-boom-taylor-swift-midnights-spotify-apple-streaming-podcasts-decoderTHE MYSTERIOUS BREAKMASTER CYLINDERhttps://www.personbproductions.comSong: The Golden Age by Breakmaster Cylinder (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0)Alban (39%
- Podcasting Horror StoriesIn this episode, the hosts speculate on the future of podcasts on YouTube and TikTok, Jordan reads some mildly spooky stories of podcasting mishaps, and Alban and Kevin explain why Pocket Casts going open source is such a big deal to the industry.PODCASTS ON CASETTEhttps://podnews.net/press-release/canadian-politics-is-boring-cassettePOCKETCASTS NOW OPEN SOURCEhttps://blog.pocketcasts.com/2022/10/19/pocket-casts-mobile-apps-are-now-open-source/YOUTUBE ANNOUNCES AUDIO ADShttps://www.insideradio.com/podcastnewsdaily/youtube-to-allow-advertisers-to-specifically-target-podcast-listeners/article_a7640a5c-4f04-11ed-90ea-a734f291c3fa.htmlTIKTOK MUSIC (& PODCASTS)https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/31/23286166/tiktok-music-app-challenge-spotify-apple-streaming-bytedanceAlban (47%), Kevin (31%), Jordan (22%) Become a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- The Importance of Owning Your Show: A Spotify Exclusive Cautionary TaleIn this episode, the hosts reveal the newest Buzzsprout feature (Episode Footers), talk about lessons learned after Spotify axes exclusive shows, Alban gives his take on the iHeart mobile gaming scandal, and Jordan shares how she stumbled upon the original (Victorian) Ghostbusters.GAMING THE SYSTEM (FROM 9/29/2022 EPISODE)https://www.buzzsprout.com/231452/11409852Podcasters Are Buying Millions of Listeners Through Mobile-Game Adsby Ashley Carman, Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-27/inside-podcasters-explosive-audience-growthNEW FEATURE: EPISODE FOOTERShttps://www.buzzsprout.com/new/74-episode-footerThe Episode Footer is the easiest way to add the same information to the end of all your episodes. Use it for host credits, social media links, or whatever else you can think of!SPOTIFY EXCLUSIVES CANCELLEDSpotify cancels 11 shows: https://variety.com/2022/digital/news/spotify-cancels-podcast-shows-layoffs-1235395020Spotify UK relaunches show without hosts: https://podnews.net/update/old-show-new-hostsELGATO WAVE DXhttps://www.elgato.com/en/wave-dx-dynamic-microphoneElgato's first dynamic microphone. PODCASTS ON VINYL (CONT.)We found a couple custom vinyl sites! ($$$)https://vinylify.com/https://intheclouds.io/BOOSTAGRAM NUMEROLOGY https://github.com/Podnews-LLC/boostagram-numerologyPOST SHOW: GHOSTBUSTED!The Ghost Extinguisher by Gelett Burgess from Cosmopolitan Magazine, April 1905.*Content Warning: there are elements of racism in this short story. https://www.gutenberg.org/files/26950/26950-h/26950-h.htm#THE_GHOST-EXTINGUISHER
- Get Millions of Downloads by Gaming the SystemIn this episode, Tom Rossi joins Jordan and Kevin to discuss ways to celebrate International Podcast Day, why farming downloads isn't an effective growth hack, the significance Serial had on the podcasting world, what we can learn from audio fiction podcasts, and the importance of owning your podcast.INTERNATIONAL PODCAST DAYFriday, September 30thhttps://internationalpodcastday.com/WHAT'S NEW IN DIRECTORIESGoodpods added!Stitcher & Pandora removed (for now).GAMING THE SYSTEMPodcasters Are Buying Millions of Listeners Through Mobile-Game Adsby Ashley Carman, Bloomberghttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-27/inside-podcasters-explosive-audience-growth155,000 PROLIFIC PODCASTS?https://www.amplifimedia.com/blogstein/the-most-prolific-categories-in-podcastingSERIAL IS BACK!Another episode of Serial is released following the release of Adnan Syed.https://www.npr.org/2022/09/19/1123878679/adnan-syed-released-serialFLIPPING THE SCRIPTTenderfoot TV has struck a deal to adapt a short film into two podcasts.https://www.insideradio.com/podcastnewsdaily/podcasts-give-birth-to-film-now-tenderfoot-tv-is-flipping-the-script/article_7d496c96-3517-11ed-825a-337912be3e27.htmlSTUDENTS SUE SCHOOL DISTRICT OVER PODCASThttps://co.chalkbeat.org/2022/9/19/23362483/know-justice-know-peace-podcast-trademark-denver-students-lawsuitHELLO INTERNET VINYLhttp://www.hellointernet.fm/podcast/68Kevin (49%), Jordan (27%), Tom (24%)Thanks to guest host, Tom Rossi @tomrossi7!Become a
- Buzzsprout Turns 13 + New Apple Podcasts Updates + Spotify Snuffs Out App Developers + Podcasts Now On Vinyl!🎉 Happy Birthday, Buzzsprout! In this episode, the hosts take a look back on some funny moments in Buzzsprout's history, review the latest and greatest Apple Podcasts updates, discuss the dilemma of businesses relying on Spotify, and decide whether or not vinyl is a viable product for podcasters.NEW APPLE PODCASTS UPDATEShttps://podcasters.apple.com/4359-ios-16-whats-new-for-apple-podcastsThe new iOS 16 update comes with some great updates for Apple Podcasts! We really like the updated Now Playing screen, Sleep Timer, and Live Captions. However, with the update including the removal of podcast title in the Browse section, be sure that your podcast title is clear on the cover artwork. Buzzsprout's Artwork Resources: How to Design Stunning Podcast ArtworkYouTube Cover Art PlaylistBEST PODCAST SEARCH ENGINEShttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7bYXS6bA9IJustin Jackson, founder of Transistor, posed the question "is podcast search broken?" & did some digging. SPOTIFY CHANGING BUSINESS MODELhttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2022-09-08/a-swedish-company-aims-to-spend-millions-acquiring-indie-podcast-networksSpotify pulled the plug on the use of their API for apps. PODCASTS ON VINYLhttps://www.insideradio.com/podcastnewsdaily/luminary-makes-dave-chappelle-s-the-midnight-miracle-podcast-available-on-vinyl/Luminary created a limited edition vinyl of Dave Chappelle's The Midnight Miracle podcast. BUZZBOOSTSThanks for the boosts!@georgdahm@pocketparley@meremortalspodcast@andyflatteryDave JacksonTom Raftery - Let the riches roll in! https://
- YouTube and Twitter and Crickets, Oh My! + New Apple Podcasts Subscriptions Charts + Joe Rogan Not Recommended by SpotifyIn this episode, the hosts recount their week in Dallas for Podcast Movement, review Apple Podcasts' new subscription charts, weigh in on the new Twitter & YouTube podcast announcements, and discuss Dan Misener's findings after mapping out the Spotify podcast recommendations.PODCAST MOVEMENThttps://podcastmovement.com/Crickets aside, it was a good time! NEW APPLE PODCASTS CHARTShttps://podcasters.apple.com/4085-introducing-new-apple-podcasts-chartsThe latest charts from Apple Podcasts allow listeners to browse the top 100 shows and channels with a subscription. YOUTUBE PODCAST LANDING PAGEhttps://techcrunch.com/2022/08/22/youtube-launches-a-dedicated-podcasts-homepage-for-u-s-users/TWITTER PODCASTShttps://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/product/2022/listen-up-podcasts-are-coming-twitterSPOTIFY RECOMMENDATIONS https://wearebumper.com/blog/2022/08/22/spotify-episode-recommendation-algorithm/Interactive version of map: https://wearebumper.com/features/spotify-podcast-recommendations/Alban (45%), Kevin (36%), Jordan (19%)Become a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at email@example.comThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- 90's Televangelist AestheticIn this episode, the hosts discuss how podcasts are transitioning from pay-to-play to pay-to-work, find a bug in Apple's new social card updates, try some new angles with Riverside's updated features, praise the Shameless Acquisition Target podcast, and Kevin drops a bombshell that doesn't quite land.PODCAST PAYOLAhttps://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-03/podcast-guests-can-pay-big-money-to-be-on-top-showsPodcasters charging guests for appearances could be in violation of FTC guidelines. PODCAST INTERNSHIP RE-BRANDhttps://thisisthesqueeze.substack.com/p/unpaid-internship-rebrands-as-a-4000?utm_source=emailUnpaid internship rebrands as a training that charges $4000 to take part in. APPLE PODCASTS SOCIAL CARDSAbout: https://podcasters.apple.com/support/4039-apple-podcasts-social-post-generatorSocial Post Generator: https://tools.applemediaservices.com/apple-podcasts-promoteShare card customization appears differently based on if a show is charting, has podcast subscriptions, etc. NEW RIVERSIDE FEATURESSecond Camera Angle: https://support.riverside.fm/hc/en-us/articles/5767459419549-Use-Mobile-Device-as-Second-Camera-AngleLive Call-In: https://support.riverside.fm/hc/en-us/articles/5287448939549-Riverside-Live-Call-In-Overview-PODCAST MOVEMENT 2022https://2022.podcastmovement.com/Buzzsprout will be there! Come to our booth to sign up for the pop-up party & play Mic or Mike? for the chance to win a super cool Buzzsprout tshirt!Join the Podcast Movement Discord: https://discord.gg/aCd4VcAPTHE JERKY BOYS SHOWhttps://sound
- Armchair Treasure HunterIn this episode, the hosts plan a Podcast Movement pop-up party, embark on a digital treasure hunt, discuss BJ Novak's new podcaster movie, decide that The Jerky Boys were the first podcasters, and give an exciting Buzzsprout Ads update.PODCAST MOVEMENT 2022https://2022.podcastmovement.com/Buzzsprout will be there! Come to our booth to sign up for the pop-up party & play Mic or Mike? for the chance to win a super cool Buzzsprout tshirt!X MARKS THE SPOT PODCASThttps://www.xmtspodcast.com/A 9 episode series about Forest Fenn, a man who hid a 12th century bronze chest with $2 million worth of treasure somewhere in the Rocky Mountains in 2010. The twist? X Marks The Spot podcast is hosting their own digital treasure hunt worth $50k.AMAZON MUSIC STATShttps://podcasters.amazon.com/Connect to their podcaster dashboard to see their new metrics.VENGEANCEhttps://youtu.be/1GT1jFsNnPwhttps://www.focusfeatures.com/vengeanceThe "directorial debut" film from BJ Novak about a journalistic podcaster who investigates the death of a girl he was dating. In theaters July 29th. PODNEWS SPAMTRAPhttps://podnews.net/article/podcast-industry-biggest-spammerIn May, James Cridland updated the RSS Feed for PodNews with trackable email addresses and revealed who the top spammers in the industry were. Spam results list:https://podnews.net/article/spammersWHO WAS THE FIRST PODCASTER?https://podnews.net/article/robin-williams-podcastArticle by James Cridland The Jerky Boyshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Jerky_BoysWho Let The Dogs Out Documentaryhttps://www.hulu.com/movie/who-let-the-dogs-outBecome a
- Stranger Than FanfictionIn this episode, the hosts discuss "The Standards Innovation Paradox", weigh the pros and cons of multiple Facebook profiles, wonder at fanfiction about podcast hosts, and the truth is revealed about which one is an internet creep.ACAST & PODCHASER🎉 Congrats to both!https://podnews.net/press-release/acast-podchaserDeal totals $34 million ($27.2 million initial & $6.8 million earn-out clause). Podchaser will operate as a separate brand and independent business. Will give Acast's advertisers better data to target ads. THE PODCAST QUIZhttps://podcastfont.com/Quiz.htmlPODDLEhttps://poddle.podchaser.com/HEARDLEhttps://www.spotify.com/heardle/THE STANDARDS INNOVATION PARADOXhttps://mignano.medium.com/the-standards-innovation-paradox-e14cab521391The Standards Innovation Paradox is a blog post written by Michael Mignano about the trade-off of finding an audience quickly vs innovative development. FACEBOOK TESTING MULTIPLE PROFILEShttps://www.theverge.com/2022/7/14/23219030/facebook-multiple-profiles-meta-active-usersFacebook will allow some users to have multiple profiles as part of a test. Up to five profiles per accountCan use fake names for the extra profilesIf any one profile violates Facebook's policies, that profile or all tied to the account can be affected.Interaction-based (i.e. work profile, hobby profile, family profile, etc.)PODCAST FANFICTIONhttps://audioboom.com/posts/8103609-podcast-famous-with-brian-parkAudio Boom's Normal Gossip had an episode air on June 21st that detailed the story of three women who became a fans of a podcast that had a fan group on Reddit.The women in the story found out that there was a fan-fiction group for this podcast, and thought it was hilarious, so t
- Failing Upwards with Matt Rideout & Tom RossiWhile Alban and Kevin are out, Jordan has Buzzsprout Facebook Group Moderator, Matt Rideout, and the Co-Founder of Buzzsprout, Tom Rossi, on the show. In this episode, the hosts hash out the results of Sounds Profitable's "The Creators" report, discover how to get featured in Spotify, & chat about Reddit's new feature: Reddit Talks!Thanks to Matt Rideout for guesting on this episode & telling us all about being in live radio! You can find his podcast, Wax Wednesday, here: https://lnns.co/-X9lUBrtw4sBUZZCAST UPDATESThanks to Claire for writing in about your experience at the Podcast Show in London! Check out Claire's podcast, The Silent Why! https://www.thesilentwhy.com/Buzzsprout Ads payout has rolled out! https://buzzsprout.com/adsTHE CREATORS BY SOUNDS PROFITABLEhttps://soundsprofitable.com/article/the-creators-us-2022PODCAST CREATION DECLININGhttps://www.listennotes.com/podcast-stats/#growthHOW TO GET FEATURED IN SPOTIFYform: https://airtable.com/shrd0oasoTLijGglGblog post: https://podcasters.spotify.com/blog/how-to-get-your-podcast-featured-on-spotifyREDDIT TALKShttps://www.reddit.com/talkONLY MURDERS IN THE BUILDINGhttps://www.hulu.com/series/only-murders-in-the-buildingThanks to guest hosts, Matt Rideout and Tom Rossi @tomrossi7!Become a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That MetaverseIn this episode, the hosts share news of a new Buzzsprout feature, and discuss the Apple Podcasts search function, QR codes, AI tech in podcasting, and podcasts in the metaverse.Buzzsprout Share PageThis page contains all of your directory links and social media channels. This way followers can easily listen through their favorite podcasting app! https://www.buzzsprout.com/help/94-sharing-your-podcastApple Podcasts SearchApple Podcasts discloses how their search in the app works & how to optimize your podcast for ranking in their resultshttps://podcasters.apple.com/support/3686-search-on-apple-podcastsPodcasting Q&A Episode: SEO for Podcasts https://pqa.buzzsprout.com/328913/10675064-seo-for-podcastsQR codesPodcasting Q&A Episode: Using QR Codes for Podcast Promotionhttps://pqa.buzzsprout.com/328913/10772851-using-qr-codes-for-podcast-promotionSteven Robles QR Code Shortcut: https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/e5e5bf765cd249d4b69762594bbc7f61AI in PodcastingSonantic AI Voiceshttps://www.sonantic.io/Fathom AI Searchhttps://hello.fathom.fm/Fathom Ken Miller interview on Podland:https://www.podland.news/1538779/10803400-interview-with-ken-miller-from-fathom-spotify-buys-an-ai-voice-service-google-podcasts-slips-up-in-pride-month-sam-looks-different-to-what-adam-curry-thinksPodcasts in the MetaverseiHeartLand in Robloxhttps://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220608005163/en/ Buzzsprout AdsPodcasting Q&A Episode: How to Create an Effective Podcast Promo
- The Great Splatter DebateIn this episode, the hosts get in a heated debate about the speckled design on the new Focusrite Vocaster, discuss podcast NFTs, speculate over the most recent announcements from Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference, and a listener's theory might be the solution to the decline of podcast ratings.Podcast NFTsIf you're curious about the sea-themed audio NFT website we discuss, check it out here (buyer beware): https://podfriends.ioTo hear the ReplyAll NFT, listen to their episode "#185 The Rainbow Chain" here: https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/j4he7a7/185-the-rainbow-chainCrypto Island podcast: https://podnews.net/podcast/i9yktPodcast Show Londonthepodcastshowlondon.comBuzzsprout AdsCheck out the FAQ: https://www.buzzsprout.com/help/175-buzzsprout-ads Sign up to advertise on Buzzsprout podcasts: https://buzzsprout.com/adsApple WWDC 2022https://techcrunch.com/2022/06/06/heres-everything-apple-just-announced-at-the-wwdc-2022-keynote/White Noise Podcasts https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-01/how-to-make-money-on-spotify-a-white-noise-podcast-could-bring-you-big-bucksFocusrite Vocasterhttps://focusrite.com/en/vocasterTwitter Crypto TikTok Song from @rosswinnhttps://twitter.com/julytheginny/status/1525208944536346625?s=21&t=FTZWxvOplnz-aE59zWZalQWhoop the Podcasthttps://www.whoop.com/thelocker/whoop-podcast-all-episodes/Become a
- Do We Need To Mark This Explicit? with Jonathan SwensonWhile Alban and Kevin are off to the Podcast Show in London, Jordan has Buzzsprout Facebook Group Moderator, Jonathan Swenson, on the show. In this episode, the hosts discuss the new Buzzsprout Ads rollout, the announcement of Apple Podcasts Delegated Delivery integration, Spotify's newest mishaps, the very sexy RØDECaster Pro II, and play a friendly game of Poddle. Thanks to Jonathan Swenson for guesting on this episode! You can find his podcasts here: Halfwit History: https://www.halfwit-history.com/Halfwits & Failed Crits: https://www.halfwitsfailedcrits.com/Jonathan's Twitter: @jaygswensonBUZZSPROUT ADSBuzzcast Bonus Episode: https://buzzcast.buzzsprout.com/231452/10661774-buzzsprout-ads-have-arrivedFor more info about Buzzsprout Ads:https://www.buzzsprout.com/help/175-buzzsprout-adsAPPLE PODCASTS DELEGATED DELIVERYhttps://www.buzzsprout.com/blog/apple-podcasts-delegated-deliveryIntegration that allows creators to manage both their free and premium content for Apple Podcasts from within Buzzsprout. If you're on Buzzsprout, you'll have access to Delegated Delivery on all paid plans starting this fall. Watch Buzzsprout's video about how to set up Apple Podcasts Subscriptions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc2aMNViSDkSPOTIFY ERRORS https://podnews.net/update/spotify-boozePODDLEhttps://poddle.podchaser.com/New game by Podchaser inspired by WordleDaily puzzle with podcast artwork obscured by pixelsBecomes less pixelated with each guessRØDECASTER PRO II The Leak:
- Buzzsprout Ads Have Arrived!In this bonus episode, Alban & Kevin announce Buzzsprout's latest feature: Buzzsprout Ads, and go into detail about how it works & its game-changing effect on podcast monetization. For more info about Buzzsprout Ads:https://www.buzzsprout.com/help/175-buzzsprout-adsBecome a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!Contact Buzzcast• Tweet us at @buzzcastpodcast, @albanbrooke, @kfinn, and @JordanPods• Send a "boostagram" through Fountain or Castamatic• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgThanks for listening & keep podcasting!
- Best Podcast Ever! (3 Stars) + Industry Insights with Tom WebsterIn this episode, the hosts get fact-checked about Apple Podcasts episode artwork, discuss the new IAB Podcast Ad Revenue Study, and argue that it's not podcasts, but the listeners, that are the problem when it comes to ratings. Tom Webster also drops in to share some exciting news & actionable insights for the indie podcaster. Conan Shares His Theory About “The Daily” Podcast | Conan O’Brien Needs a Friendhttps://youtu.be/4ws7L3F8-kcTweets:https://twitter.com/mikiebarb/status/1524173124987674625?s=21&t=PNmHKyPt3-N8rN_B6kbtWQApple Podcasts Episode ArtworkIf you use Apple Podcasts, please unfollow this podcast & see if the episodic artwork shows for you. (Then follow us again ASAP!)Tweet us @Buzzsprout or send an email to email@example.com titled Buzzcast Episode Artwork to let us know if it worked for you!IAB U.S. Podcast Advertising Survey Resultshttps://www.iab.com/insights/u-s-podcast-advertising-revenue-report-fy-2021-results-2022-2024-growth-projections/Interview with Tom WebsterFollow Tom on Twitter @webby2001 & listen to his podcast, I Hear Things https://tomwebster.media/Zoom Changes Free Account Durationhttps://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5809097508109-May-2-2022-Free-account-meeting-duration-changesZoom users on the free plan are now limited to 40 minutes, even for one-on-one meetings. We recommend switching to Squadcast.fm or Riverside.fm! Are Podcasts Getting Worse?https://rephonic.com/blog/are-podcasts-getting-worseBecome a Buzzcast Supporter and get a shout-out in our next episode!