Thinking about your next trip? Allow us to be of service. Introducing The Concierge, a travel show that goes the extra mile with tips, tricks and recommendations from around the world.
- Milan, Finnair and Portland’s Specialty Coffee ExpoThis week, Monocle’s editorial director, Tyler Brûlé, joins us from Milan to give us his top recommendations following Salone del Mobile and Petri Burtsoff speaks to the CEO of Finnair, Topi Manner, who is preparing for his company’s 100th anniversary. Also in the programme, Gregory Scruggs heads to Portland, Oregon, where he visits the Specialty Coffee Expo, and our correspondents from around the world answer listeners’ questions.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Japan specialThis week we come to you from Tokyo, bringing you the best that Japan has to offer. Monocle’s editorial director, Tyler Brûlé, is on the line from Bangkok to enlighten us about his recent trips to Japan, while Robert Bound travels to the Izu peninsula to meet the surfers of Shirahama beach. Also in the programme: Danielle Demetriou speaks to Katrina Uy, general manager of Kyoto’s Shinmonzen hotel. Plus, Fiona Wilson and Chloe Potter are on hand to answer listeners’ questions.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Portofino, Le Collectionist and Rio de JaneiroThis week, Domonkos Kékesi, concierge at Grand Hotel Les Trois Rois, shines a light on Basel and Rob Bound speaks to Max Aniort, co-founder of Le Collectionist. Also in the programme: Monocle’s Tom Webb takes us on a tour of Portofino, Fernando Augusto Pacheco celebrates the centenary of Rio’s Copacabana Palace, owned by the Belmond group, and we hear the latest aviation news from Murdo Morrison of Flightglobal.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Zürich’s Baur au Lac hotel, Porto and WashingtonTyler Brûlé speaks to Andrea Kracht, the sixth-generation owner of Zürich’s Baur au Lac hotel. Also in the programme, we meet Adrian Moore, assistant chef concierge at the Mandarin Oriental in Paris, and Ivan Carvalho heads to the inaugural edition of Porto’s Wine & Travel Week. Plus: Chris Cermak explores the new flagship location of the Waldorf Astoria in Washington.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Basel, the Atacama Desert and Newport, Rhode IslandMonocle’s Gaia Lutz treks across Chile’s Atacama Desert, Iain Ainsworth of The Aficionados tells us about his favourite stays in Europe, Christopher Lord sends us a letter from Newport, Rhode Island, and private concierge Cristina Bally joins us to talk all things hospitality. Plus: the latest travel news with Zina Bencheikh of Intrepid Travel.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Kadikoy, Cinque Terre and OregonHannah Lucinda Smith takes us on a culinary tour of the vibrant neighbourhood of Kadikoy in Istanbul and Gregory Scruggs visits the newly renovated Cannery Pier Hotel in Astoria, Oregon. We ask Steve Allen, Group CEO of Dnata, how the aviation industry is handling recent surging travel demands. Plus: Monocle’s Vienna Correspondent, Alexei Korolyov, has the latest travel news.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Beirut, Porter Airlines and IndonesiaMarkus Hippi takes us to vibrant Beirut to see how the city is preparing for the return of tourism. Then president and CEO of Porter Airlines, Micheal Deluce, tells Monocle about his plans to rewrite the rules of economy travel and we take an exclusive peek into the brand new Cap Karoso Hotel on the island of Sumba in Indonesia. Plus, the latest travel news with Sarah Khan. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Helsinki, St Moritz, Morocco and Europe’s new rail routesPetri Burtsoff takes us on a dining tour of Helsinki’s bohemian neighbourhood of Punavuori, Tom Webb guides us through ski season without skis in St Moritz and Charlotte McDonald-Gibson takes us for a ride through the ever-expanding world of Europe’s night trains. Plus: the latest travel news from Alex Wix.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Östersund, Amsterdam, IbizaLiam Aldous talks us through what Ibiza has to offer in the off-season, we join Fia Gulliksson for a gastronomic tour of her hometown of Östersund in central Sweden and we peek into the just-opened De Durgerdam hotel in Amsterdam. Plus: the latest from the world of aviation with Paul Charles. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
- Looking ahead to travel in 2023Robert Bound and his panel of experts look ahead to travel in 2023. Plus: Petri Burtsoff walks us through the historic city of Porvoo on Finland’s southern coast, Gabriel Leigh on all the aviation news that should be on your radar this week and Tomos Lewis celebrates the renovation of Miami’s South Beach boardwalk.See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.