Meet Dr. Henne and Dr. McGowan premier foot and ankle doctors in central Florida. They are married podiatrist sharing work, life and family stories. Their podcast is interactive. You can fill out a form on their website and ask a question at http://www.centeranklefootcare.com/id78.html if they ask your question on the air you get free stuff.
- To Fix or Not To Fix My Bunion or HammertoeIf you have a bunion or hammertoe you may have asked yourself on more than one occasion, "Should I fix my foot?". We are here to give you simple guidelines on when to or if you even need to fixed the bunion or hammertoe. We have very simple criteria or you to have foot surgery and be happy!
- Week 8 Fantasy Football Ankle and Foot Injury ReportThis weeks podcast is more fun than anything since this weeks injuries in the NFL in the foot or ankle were few and far between. Also, we were a little distracted since the Penn State vs. Ohio State Football game was on TV at the same time we were recording the Podcast!
- Week 7 NFL If your player has a foot problem listen to this if he's a keeperThis week we discuss when you should play, sit or drop your fantasy football player based on their foot and ankle condition. Over 20% of the NFL injuries are below the knee. This is our area of expertise, let us help you decide if your players foot and ankle condition is something that you need to drop like a bad habbit!
- Just Wear A Glass Slipper To DisneySo as a foot doctor, whenever I see someone walking around in terrible shoes at Disney World, the first thing I think is "I hope they live locally" followed by the thought that this is job security for a foot doctor! The problem is that a bad pair of shoes can make the "Happiest Place on Earth"..... miserable!
- Week6 Disney Campground Ankle and Foot Fantasy Football ReportThis week our Ankle & Foot Fantasy Football Podcast is live/recorded from Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground. We talk foot and ankle injuries and enjoy the sounds of nature/ Disney buses and golf cats all around us:) Also we talk a little Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween:)
- 2podspickle2Do you play Pickleball? Listen to Dr. McGowan & Dr. Henne describe the whole new world of Pickleball they have discovered by opening their 3rd office of The Center for Ankle & Foot Care in The Villages Florida. They talk about the 3 most common foot problems they see from their patients that play Pickleball!
- 2 Pods & A PickleballDo you play Pickleball? Listen to Dr. McGowan & Dr. Henne describe the whole new world of Pickleball they have discovered by opening their 3rd office of The Center for Ankle & Foot Care in The Villages Florida. They talk about the 3 most common foot problems they see from their patients that play Pickleball!
- Week 4 Fantasy Football Injury ReportThis week we talk about Bye weeks and what that means. Also we discuss pertinent foot and ankle related injuries to the players for Week 4 of the NFL. Lastly we talk about Plantar Fasciitis and what that could mean for your fantasy football team and if you have it how to get rid of it!
- Week One Fantasy Football Ankle & Foot Injury ReportIt is Fantasy Football Season. If your fantasy football player has a foot or ankle injury, we are the experts for you. Each week will go over all the players who have lower extremity injuries and give our opinion on if they are going to play or not based on the severity and type of injury. Have a question about a particular player? Go to our webpage: centeranklefootcare.com to fill out a quick questionnaire.
- Is Your Pedicure Killing You?Women and men alike risk their health on a routine basis getting what they consider to be a luxury service. Pedicure is a Latin based word, "Pedis" meaning foot and "Cura" meaning care. People go to get care for their feet expecting this to be a clean and safe process. Dr. McGowan and Dr. Henne discuss the dangers of pedicure in this weeks podcast: Is your pedicure killing you. You will rethink going into the nail salon after listening to this.
- Are your feet at risk in the water??In Honor of Shark Week last week we pulled together some small experts to give us their opinions on: if sharks are more of a threat than alligators here in Florida, Dogs or even sink holes. Enjoy and listen to the perspective of a 3 year old, an 8 year old and a 9 year old surfer girl.