- WOODYCAST Interview # 7 Australian Ironwoman Lizzie WelbornOn the eve of the 2021 Nutri-Grain Ironwoman Series, Woody sits down with Australian Ironwoman Lizzie Welborn (www.lizziewelborn.com.au) to discuss training, diet, sponsorship, sporting goals, race preparation and race focus strategies. Lizzie Welborn is sponsored by; Jolyn Clothing Australia, Blue Dinosaur Bars, Bennett Paddles, Kracka Surfcraft, Dolphin Surfcraft and E-Lab Training. Lizzie is also an ambassador for Take 3 or the Sea. The following quote portrays this incredible athletes passion for the sport of surf lifesaving and her love for the ocean. 'I cannot describe the love and awe I have for the ocean. The ocean has always been a central part of my life. For as long as I can remember my favourite place to hang out has been at the beach. The ocean has given me so much. It is where I feel most connected to my family. It is where I have made all my lifelong friends. It is where I fell in love with surf sports and the surf lifesaving community. It is where I have pushed myself to my limits in training and achieved my dreams in sport'
- WOODYCAST Interview # 6 Dan HumbleWoody chats with Australian, World, European and British gold medalist ski paddler, Dan Humble about training, dedication, setting long term goals and dealing with the pressure of having to perform over a long period of time. He discusses Dan's decision to focus more on surf ski paddling rather than following the Olympic kayaking pathway and we get some invaluable advice for young paddlers in relation to technique, training and race tactics. Dan who resides in Perth, Western Australia has been both a stalwart of WA surf ski paddling for the past 20 years but also an integral part of Surf Life Saving GBR representative teams since 2008.
- WOODYCAST INTERVIEW # 5 WITH MAIA GARNERIn his first remote interview, Woody talks to former British and European champion Maia Garner. Maia represented Great Britain on six occasions and with national surf lifesaving championships in swim, board and iron competitions over a seven year period she capped it all off with European Championships in both the board and Iron races at the EUROPEAN YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS in Belgium in 2017. Following this was a successful season with super coach Michael King at Currumbin SLSC on the Gold Coast in Australia. Arriving back to the UK early into the 2018 season word was that she was no longer in the sport and as heading to University to study Construction Design.This is a chat about complete commitment to sport and a decision to head for a career rather than push for further honours in a sport which had the lure of another decade of representative overseas trips and international honours. We talk about the early years, what drove her to be irrepressibly focused competitor with a zero bullshit approach, the learning experience of a season in Australia and the decision to leave it all and move on with her life in another direction.This is an incredible conversation and a must listen to any young athlete wanting to pursue a career in sport and academics.
- WOODYCAST INTERVIEW # 2 WITH MALCOLM BALL FROM SNUGG WETSUITSWoody heads over to Snugg Wetsuits HQ in Newquay to talk with wetsuit legend Malcolm Ball. Malcolm discusses the early days of neoprene usage and development in the UK through to the beginning of the sport of triathlon and also multisport wetsuit requirements that have broadened the market whilst still maintaining the highest level of quality and hands on customer service that has made Snugg such a successful company.
- WOODYCAST INTERVIEW # 1 WITH MULTIPLE EUROPEAN SURF IRONMAN CHAMPION GEORGE HAYNESWoody invites Great Britain surf lifesaving champion to Aquasport International HQ to talk about his career in ocean sport. Starting at a relatively late age after a still water swimming career, George rose to the top of European surf lifesaving and captained the GBR team on many occasions at international competitions.
- WOODYCAST INTERVIEW # 4 WITH AUSTRALIAN SURFCOACH TRENT HERRINGWoody sits down with Trent Herring, Head Coach of the Newport (NSW) Kinghorn Surf Racing Academy to talk about his sporting background, his deep roots to the sporting community of Manly, Sydney and his coaching role with the Manly Life Saving Club during the incredible success between 2007 - 2014. Trent then talks about his controversial move to Newport on the northern beaches peninsula, the development of the Kinghorn Surf Racing Academy into one of Australia's leading squad of surf athletes and the future direction of the sport in Australia.